Tuesday, February 17, 2009

settling vs. transience

As we are once again on the road, I have begun to consider the differing values of settling and transience. And it’s not that I think one is better than the other, it’s just that I’m beginning to notice that they each have their positives, and they each have their negatives. With the amount of places we are passing through, it is beautiful to see the friendships God continues to bring us. However, with the amount of the places we are passing through, we are also challenged in learning how to put those friendships on hold, while still allowing them to be preserved for a later date. When I’m settled, I know I long for something new, but as I travel, I often long for something familiar. What I’m learning is that wherever I am is where I need to, and can, find the Lord who loves me. Perhaps it’s not easy, but I’m glad I’m learning something.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

i know that feeling tim! im praying for you cousin! love you!!